Tuesday, February 1, 2011

the best of times, the worst of times











Another Sunday night in January, another awards show. The SAGs always seem to be very special for the actors since they vote in each other for the wins. This is definitely not the Oscars, so everyone seems to "dress down" a bit. There were still some major wins, and the losses were at a minimum. While emerald was hot at the GGs, white was everywhere at the SAGs; however, I wasn't crazy about many of them. Oscar de la Renta was the designer of the night, and the younger starlets were really brightening things up! Hot pinks and burnt oranges were popular hues, too. Here are my YES's and NO's, in no particular order (except for my first three because they are indeed my best dresses.

Mila Kunis was effortlessly gorgeous with relaxed curls in Alexander McQueen. Remember Michelle Obama's poppy printed dress last week? This is another lovely chiffon version.

Lea Michele was one of Oscar de's hits and I love a belted sheath. Her hair was also very relaxed and easy.

Eva Longoria will probably get a lot of flack for this, and even though she is showing more skin than usual, I enjoy it. I am also feeling her metallic silver clutch. Ms. Longoria was in Georges Hobeika Spring 2011 couture.

Nicole Kidman in Nina Ricci had me perplexed at first, then I came around and loved the added chunky Fred Leighton necklace along the lace. Very feminine and bold.

Tina Fey shocked everyone in such an amazing gown. Once again Oscar de la Renta. The red lace is absolutely perfect with her brunette hair. Such a step up from last year's award season!

Julie Bowen has come out of nowhere and amazed me each time she has shown up on the red carpet. She too will be getting flack for wearing a pants suit, but the Malandrino is daring and sophisticated.

Claire Daines dazzled in Louis Vuitton. Once again, a belted dress, and I'm in love. The print is beautiful, but I'm not a fan of her hot pink lip.

The less than sparkling actresses (losers) of the night were Miriska in Isaac Mizrahi. She also needs a belt, or maybe a different dress. Amy Poeler usually looks nice, but she was too dressed down for an award show. Her dress is even no-name online. Lastly, Angie Harmon was just too hungry for attention in her feathered Monique Lhuillier. Maybe next time ladies.

xx

style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment